The light traffic sector is growing fast around the world. For example, the cycling sector employs 650,000 people in the EU area (more than the mining industry), while a quarter of new bikes in the Netherlands are electric and 10% of tourism revenue in Germany is already based on bike tourism.
How might Finland take advantage of this booming new sector? How can we foster the emergence and growth of the business?
Programme at a glance:
- Signals from around the world
- Business opportunities of bicycle tourism, examples from Germany
- Light traffic and its introduction as a means of urban transport, short presentations
- Legislation and safety on light traffic
- The Helsinki-Tampere growth corridor and smart traffic (MaaS)
- Support via Tekes and Sitra for business activities related to light transport
The event aims to create networks and discussion that lead to projects for developing the sector.
- Click here for further details on the programme and registration (only in Finnish)