M-ERA.NET call for business projects on materials
Tekes provides funding for international, innovative and strategically important business projects. Companies are encouraged to engage in cooperation with research organisations and to incorporate their expertise in projects through subcontracting.
- Integrated computational materials engineering
- New surfaces and coatings
- High performance synthetic and biobased composites
- Materials for sustainable and affordable low carbon energy technologies
- Tailoring of bioactive material surfaces for health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
The deadline for pre-proposal submissions is 9 June 2015 at 12.00 noon (CET).
The call covers a total of 24 European countries, as well as South Korea, Taiwan, Russia and Brazil (São Paulo). Each country has its own programme, which participants should read through carefully. Each project consortium must include at least three project partners from at least two of the participating M-ERA.NET countries.
Projects are selected through a two-step application procedure. Project coordinators must submit their pre-proposals via the electronic M-ERA.NET submission system by 9 June 2015. Applicants who have qualified for the second stage of the application procedure will be invited to submit their full proposals electronically by 10 November 2015.
Each application will be evaluated both against national criteria and by making use of external experts. Parties involved in projects that pass the evaluation will each receive funding from their own national funding organisation. The aim is to make all funding decisions in the winter of 2015.
Instructions for drawing up project proposals
- Companies applying for funding from Tekes must satisfy Tekes' normal funding principles.
- Companies do not need to submit a separate application to Tekes at the pre-proposal stage of the application procedure. Only Finnish companies that have qualified for the second stage must submit a Tekes application form by 10 November 2015.
- Project consortia can also include partners that are not seeking public funding, but which are participating in the implementation of the project based on their own funding.
- In addition to national evaluations, all applications will be evaluated by external, international experts. Tekes will take account of the outcome of international evaluations when making funding decisions on Finnish applicants.
- Companies must report on the progress of their projects to Tekes in accordance with Tekes' normal reporting practices.
- Applicants are advised to contact Sisko Sipilä at Tekes well in advance of submitting their applications.
For more information on the call for applications, the themes and the participating countries, please visit the M-ERA-NET website.
Sisko Sipilä, Chief Adviser
Tel. +358 50 557 7845
sisko.sipila (at) tekes.fi