Sustainable Community 2007–2012
The main themes of the Sustainable community programme were land use planning, energy efficient building and the integration of renewable energy production in built-in environments.
Financed projects totalled 206 with a total budget of 91 million euros, of which Tekes financing amounted to 47 milion euros.
Projects financed by the programme have developed
- New operating methods, partnership models and urban planning concepts for land use planning
- Sun, bio and geoenergy solutions enabling realisation of low-emission and energy self-sufficient areas and buildings
- Nearly energy self-sufficient residential buildings, offices, business premises and service buildings
- Innovative procurement and building processes taking into account energy and eco-efficiency goals and promoting sustainable development
- The programme has also financed community waste management solutions, on-call public transport technology, energy efficient lighting solutions and services supporting sustainable development
Sustainable community technology programme encourages Finnish research institutes, universities and companies to engage in international collaboration by exchanging information and networking companies and research groups. The programme provides opportunities for ambitious R&D projects and develops business expertise and international cooperation. It serves as a gateway to best researcher groups and innovative R&D companies in Finland.
- funding for the projects within the program theme
- seminars and workshops
- market surveys (Finland and international)
- international networking and match making events
The programme serves the next areas of the sustainable community: