Download The Game Industry of Finland brochure (pdf)
Skene Game Business Event @ Investor Pitching
Presentations from Skene Game Business Event 2014 on 9th September. All presentations in pdf format.
Game Executive Program - Leadership and Commercial Skills for Gaming Companies (YouTube)
Game Executive is a unique program offered by Aalto University Executive Education (Aalto EE), tailored to the needs of growth companies in the gaming sector. It will prepare future leaders in the sector to better lead and manage their companies and create hit products for global commercialization.
Aalto Game Monetization Design (YouTube)
Game industry pros tell how to design, develop, measure, market, make money and acquire and keep customers in gaming business.
Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world (YouTube)
Games like World of Warcraft give players the means to save worlds, and incentive to learn the habits of heroes. What if we could harness this gamer power to solve real-world problems?
Basic rules of F2P (pdf)
How to make money with F2P by Nicholas Lovell of Gamesbrief
Exploring the landscape of digital health games (pdf)
Innovations and practical examples in gaming and social media in social and healthcare services
Gbtimes: Promoting gaming innovation in Finland and China
Gaming has risen to be main driver of growth in different parts of the world, but is it enjoying the same pace of development in different countries? Featuring Tekes' Skene game programme from 2:40 ->.
Watch the video (YouTube)
Fondia Gaming Event 3: User Acquisition, December 2013 (YouTube)
Skene Game Business Event, 15th October 2013, Helsinki
Some of the the presentations are in pdf format below. All presentations are on YouTube.
Welcome and What's New on Tekes' Skene – Games Refueled programme
Kari Korhonen, Programme Manager, Skene
The 411 of Player Acquisition
Wilhelm Taht, Playground
Authentic Virality. You Share if You Care
Tuomas Rinta, Applifier
Balancing revenues with User Experience
David Maret, Chartboost
What Today's Mobile Game Developers Really Need to Access the Market and Dominate Competition?
Ville Heijari, PlayHaven
How to Attract Private Money with Tekes funding?
Paul Heydon, Avista Partners, London Venture Partners
Release of the Development of Finnish Game Industry study (Peliteollisuus – kehityspolku)
Suvi Latva & KooPee Hiltunen, Neogames
Health gaming in USA (pdf)
IFTF report of using games in social and healthcare.
Read the report: FinNode – Entertaining China (pdf)
Skene Roadshow 2012 (all presentations in pdf format)
- Aki Järvilehto, Remedy: Digital distribution – Changing all the rules
- Carolina Islas, University of Eastern Finland: A journey from research to entrepreneurship
- Eric Cheng, Finpro China: Entertaining China – Challenges and opportunities
- Ilari Kuittinen, Housemarque: Ajatuksia pelialan kehittämisestä Pohjois-Karjalassa yritysnäkökulmasta
- Jussi Autio, OGL: Oulu Game Lab
- Kaj HeGe Häggman, Digital Chocolate: Cross-platform gaming: The next 1B gamers
- Kari Korhonen, Tekes: Skene programme launch and outlines
- Kim Soares, Kukouri Games: How to survive in mobile market?
- KooPee Hiltunen, Neogames: Finnish game industry
- Mari Isbom, Tekes: Skene roadmap
- Mariina Hallikainen, Colossal Order: Indie game developer's strategy
- Marika Appel, Supercell: Communities as a game marketing tool
- Markku Tukiainen, University of Eastern Finland: HCI research ion digital games – Current status and future trends
- Mikael Haveri, Frozenbyte: Marketing war stories
- Petri Lehmuskoski, Gorilla Ventures: How to make you a sexy investment target
- Tony Manninen, LudoCraft: Own IP vs. Customer projects